Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Art of Trading In Your Old Cell Phone

Five years ago I got this Motorola C261 cell phone for P1,050 after trading in an eight year old Nokia 3210 (barely working) and a three year old Sony Ericsson T230 (working but with scratches and which I got as a gift). Last year, I tried to see how my Motorola will be valued and I was offered a P100-300 deal for it. Not ready to part with it just yet, I kept the phone until last week.

After much prodding  from my sister to "puuuleeeaaazzze give it up, it doesn't even have Bluetooth or even Infrared!!!", I traded it in for P1,000 and got a modest Android phone for P3,999. The best part of the deal was that my old phone, they say, will go to charity.  I couldn't be happier!

So, you see, it's not always about having the best or the latest, not even the most expensive phone out there which gives one joy or gives life a sense of beauty. It's about having what you need at the right time and for the right reasons until it's time to say goodbye. By the way, I actually didn't pay for my new phone. It was bought for me as a gift. :)


P.S.
The MyPhone "Trade-in Madness"  is extended until June 3, 2012! Working or not, just bring in your old phone (with its battery pack intact) and get the A818 Duo for P3,999.

No comments: