Monday, September 7, 2009

"Dear God"


I wonder how one finds time to pray in this age of seemingly growing fast-paced lifestyle. I am as guilty as some in this aspect. Sometimes I go to bed planning my activities for tomorrow and the next day, barely awake, I plan some more. But people find the time and even go all out. Just ask Alon Nir. Reuters found this Israeli university student who opened a Twitter site hoping that people around the world can somehow experience the Jewish tradition of placing notes with prayers in the crevices of the Western Wall in Jerusalem. The Western Wall or Wailing Wall is a Jewish religious site that people believe provides a direct access to God because heaven's gate is near the Western Wall and therefore God can easily hear prayers from that spot.

Sources: Reuters, Wikipedia, and photo by szlea on Flicker

No comments: